Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I'm Walkin'

When my older son started walking he just picked himself up one day and walked across the dining room floor. There was a ball he wanted to get; guess he was so focused on it he forgot that up until that second, he didn't know how to walk. There was no holding out your arms and coaxing him, teetering along, towards you. He just did it.
If only he would potty train the same way.
My younger son is taking a more roundabout approach. Today he stood and cautiously picked up his left foot and put it down, once, then twice. He didn't move his right foot at all so instead of walking he just pivoted around a little like a sailboat at the start of a penalty 720. So it's a little vague. Was it really walking? Can I check it off in the baby book? As far as I can see, there's no entry for "pivoting."

song: I'm Walkin' • artist: Fats Domino

No comments: