Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Tonight's the Night

It's 9PM, the kids are finally asleep. Make that 9:30. I shower, do one measly round of sun salutations, thought not very good ones because I'm too lazy to go downstairs and get my sticky mat, followed by five-minutes of chest isolations. In the downstairs bathroom the nut falls out of the bolt that attaches the toilet paper fixture to the wall. While fishing around behind the toilet for it, I realize the tank's filthy, so I sponge it off. I go into the guest bedroom to get crafting materials out of the closet so I'll be one step ahead of my son tomorrow and I see that I still haven't put that blanket away on top of the closet shelf because it requires dragging a chair into the bedroom from the dining room. Then I notice the cat's left a big hairball on top of the bed. Out in the living room the rug needs to be vacuumed because my older son's been playing with the box of wood scraps and I don't want my younger son eating splinters tomorrow. I consider rolling the rug up for the summer, but since #2 son is still learning to walk I decide it's best to leave him a padded surface to "fall back on," so to speak, besides, summer's almost over. I should water the plants but where the heck's the watering can?

song: Tonight's the Night • artist: Rod Stewart

No comments: