Thursday, August 10, 2006

Won't Get Fooled Again

There is a backyard baby. I'm not sure if it's the grandchild of the people who live behind us or if, low and behold, a young couple have moved in near by but I heard the backyard baby earlier in the summer and now the backyard baby, is, well, back.
When I hear the backyard baby during afternoon nap time I always end up hoofing it upstairs only to realize at the top step that it's not my baby that's crying. Sometimes, in heeding my crying baby Pavlovian mommy response, I'll go upstairs twice in the same afternoon. Today I only went upstairs once but then when my 15-month-old did finally wake up I left him up there in tears longer than usual because I was so sure it wasn't my baby crying

song: Won't Get Fooled Again • artist: The Who

No comments: