Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Who Loves You Better

Here is a photograph of our Christmas stockings. I present the photograph not so you'll be jealous that my family has hand-knit stockings with our names stitched into the tops, courtesy of my mother, but to point out the large discrepancy in stocking size.
I know what you're thinking, does size really matter? Get your mind out of the gutter! It's a Christmas stocking, of course size matters! It matters in the other respect as well, who are we kidding, but this is a family blog so let's just move on.
As mentioned, my mother created these stockings. Mine is the oldest of the group, and as you can plainly see, the smallest. Ken's is at least seven years old and, while larger than mind, not nearly as large as the two that belong to our children.
My mother claims to have used the same instructions and the same size needles on all four stockings and yet has no explanation for the obvious size differences. I have to call it like I see it and it looks like blatant favoritism to me; not to mention that I'm left to stuff these gargantuan socks for my children.

song: Who Loves You Better • artist: Lyle Lovett

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with our stocking that your mom made for our family. Mine is just like yours and my children's are bigger. It funny my boys noticed the difference also.
Priscilla McIntosh
Nantucket