Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Shiny Happy People

For mother's day my son made me a sign. It should have read "Happy Mother's Day" but it only says "Happy Mother." We laminated it and stuck it in the window box along with the construction-paper flowers (also laminated) that we've been "planting" for the past two years. They are so much easier to care for, and with the exception of some fading, look just as good as the real thing.
This sign, surrounded by paper flowers encased in plastic, makes me laugh. Happy Mother. It reminds me of the signs on people's lawns warning "Beware of the Dog" or the more self-deprecating, "Beware of the Owner."
Beware the Happy Mother. If she's happy, she must be crazy.

song: Shiny Happy People • artist: R.E.M.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I's very interesting your blog. Your opinion about the hings too.