Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Welcome to the Machine

Having recently reminisced over past computer purchases, I realized I've owned a Mac of some kind or another for the past 19 years. I wish I still had the first one I ever bought, the one with so little memory you had to insert a three-and-a-half-inch disk just to save a word document. If I still had it I could prop that baby up on the bookshelf and use it as a bookend along with my collection of antique typewriters that I use for the same purpose. Is antique typewriter an oxymoron? I wonder.
Yesterday I bought a new computer. The first time in 19 years that the size of the computer has gotten smaller instead of larger. Incidentally, the price as remained more or less constant over the past two decades, I just keep getting more and more computer for my money.
And if that's not a blatant plug for Apple I don't know what is. Maybe they'll read this blog and send me a nice fat rebate check which I could put towards the purchase of an iPod.

song: Welcome to the Machine • artist: Pink Floyd

No comments: