Friday, August 03, 2007

Too Darn Hot

Weather like we've had the past two weeks makes me miss the air-conditioned comfort of full time office work.
I know I shouldn't complain about the weather, it's such a boring topic and it is much hotter other places, but it's really been hot in my house lately! Too hot to answer e-mail. Too hot to plan the story list for Fall Home and Garden. Too hot to cook up all the zucchinis we've been harvesting, too hot to weed the garden or fold clothes. Too hot even to read in bed; not to mention showering before bed to cool off means that my wet hair drips all over the pages of the book.
Thankfully we're going to Maine tonight, where, if it's not cooler at least it's not my house so I don't have to worry about mold growing on Uncle Cabe's table, or too much humidity in the computer room.

song: Too Darn Hot • musical: Kiss Me Kate

No comments: