Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Big Time

Three weeks to go. Even my "big sweater," the one I'm surprised I didn't throw out after having worn it every day when I was pregnant with H, is getting tight.
I feel like Alice in chapter two of her adventures in Wonderland. After eating enchanted cake and growing tall she wonders of her own feet, "who will put on your shoes and stockings ... I'm sure I sha'n't be able! I shall be a great deal too far off to trouble myself about you: you must manage the best way you can."
I don't even look like a normal pregnant woman. I look like one of those women who tells her friends she's pregnant just to get some attention. After making this announcement she walks around with a perfectly round beach ball stuffed under her shirt for four months. Pretty soon I'll take an extended holiday, come home, and announce that the dingo ate my baby.

song: Big Time • artist: Peter Gabriel

No comments: