Thursday, January 10, 2008

Perfect World

Despite having recently been dubbed the perfect person to carry twins, I couldn't fall asleep last night. I couldn't get comfortable in any position and finally gave up and came downstairs to sleep on the couch. Even the couch, which usually provides great support, proved to be a challenge. I was wrestling with blankets, pillows, and my enormous stomach when I had a The Gods Must Be Crazy moment. Remember that movie? A native to the Kalahari dessert in Africa tries to return a Coke bottle to the gods - who must have been crazy to drop it on his tribe in the first place.
I couldn't help thinking the gods must be crazy to think it's possible for one person to lug around two babies at once in their stomach. Then I felt relieved that at least Google Maps, the group that posted pictures of the guy picking his nose in the park, hadn't found a way into my living room yet.
Of course you know what they say - it's not easy being perfect.

song: Perfect World • artist: Heuy Lewis and The News

No comments: