Monday, February 11, 2008

It's Still Rock and Roll To Me

That last post reminded me of being in the 9th grade and going to the big Strawberries record store in Downtown Crossing after Saturday morning drawing class at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts. I was looking for a cassette tape of Lynyrd Skynyrd because I liked the song Freebird. I couldn't find anything by the band because I was looking under "S" for Skinard, Leonard. Thank goodness now we have Google to prevent embarrassing moments such as that from repeated occurrence. I eventually figured out my mistake, but I never did purchase anything by Lynyrd Skynyrd at Strawberries or four years later when we used to browse through Tower Records on Newbury Street because it was something to do, and, because it was open until midnight.
I probably bought something by Billy Joel instead.

song: It's Still Rock and Roll To Me • artist: Billy Joel

No comments: