Friday, March 28, 2008

Mail Myself To Yo

A friend passed along an e-mail of funny questions posed to computer tech support personnel. Things like customers who call in and say, "Hi, good afternoon, this is Martha, I can't print. Every time I try, it says 'Can't find printer'.  I've even lifted the printer and placed it in front of the monitor, but the computer still says he can't find it..."
They are all very funny though I can't confirm whether on not they are true. I once interrupted my college video production professor in the middle of a staff meeting because I couldn't get the video editing equipment to work. As it turned out, it wasn't plugged in, which explains why today I'm not a Hollywood film producer.
When I worked for New Wave Printing and fax machines were a novelty, a woman came in to fax a letter. After the letter was sent she wanted to also fax the envelope.
"Why do you want to fax the envelope?" I asked.
"Because the letter will need an envelope." she replied.
"But it won't be an envelope when it comes out of the other fax machine." I said.
"It won't?"

song: Mail Myself To You • artist: Woody Guthrie

No comments: