Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I Call Your Name

All I was looking for was a way to get H to respond to my call when he was in the backyard. Plan A was that I'd yell his name and his appropriate response was to yell back, "mommy." We rehearsed it over and over but he never really got the hang of it. My second idea was to teach him Marco Polo. This he caught onto to with ease. Now when I can't find him, either in the house or in the back yard, I call "Marco," and he answers, "Polo." This works great but I worry that the neighbors will think I have a son named Marco.
On the other hand, I have so many sons, what's one more. I kind of like the name.
Speaking of names, while cleaning out the wooden letter holder box that was overflowing with recipes clipped from the paper and membership renewal requests from Audubon, I found our list of girl names.
Since we won't be needing those anymore I thought I'd pass them along. In retrospect it's a good thing we didn't have a girl - I don't like most of these names anymore.
Aleyna? I can't even pronounce that.
Samantha? Too Sex in the City.
Natalie? Too Facts of Life.
Dusty? That must have been our planned tribute to Dusty Springfield,
and Morgan - maybe if I had a horse.
Here's the list: Aleyna, Samantha, Sydney, Sasha, Dakota, Alexandra, Dusty, Morgan, Natalie, Julliette, Michelle/Shelly, Holly, Ella, Edna, Margo

song: I Call Your Name • artist: the Beatles

No comments: