Sunday, July 06, 2008

Wouldn't It Be Nice?

I think I had a city mouse/country mouse conversation with a woman from Toronto the other night. I said something to the effect of, "I've been to Toronto. It seems like a great place to live." She said that it was nice but that Falmouth was "beautiful" and that I must love living here. I didn't disagree but I was reminded of the old, "isn't Falmouth Nice" slogan.
It's nice unless.
Unless you're fishing off the dock in Megansett with your grandson.
Unless you're sitting in traffic after the fireworks in a car with New York license plates.
Unless you're trying to find a bathroom for your potty-training three year old to use and the public restrooms behind Main Street are closed at 3:30PM on a holiday weekend, even though it's clearly posted that they are open until 5PM.

song: Wouldn't It Be Nice? • artist: Beach Boys

No comments: