Monday, December 29, 2008

Just When I Needed You Most

Ken's parents have taken my big boys to Connecticut for a few days. They called last night and it sounded like everything was going swimmingly. It's a funny thing, the secret desire for your kids to fall apart and not be able to get along without you. I mean how else can I justify my existence unless my kids need me so much that they can't get by without me? Of course on the other, more logical hand I, like all parents, want my children to grow up and become little autonomous beings.
As for someone needing you and being unable to get by without you (at least when it comes to finding missing keys, cell phones, wallets, and check books), I guess that's what husband's are for.

song: Just When I Needed You Most • artist: Randy Vanwarmer

No comments: