Sunday, December 14, 2008

Little Cream Soda

So I thought I'd toast your birthday with an orange soda since it's possible I haven't had one in 20 years. Getting a hold of one wasn't as easy as I'd anticipated. The convenience store in that little plaza near the Silver Lounge didn't have any. Their inventory looked pretty skimpy are they going out of business and no one told me? So I went to the W. Falmouth Market where they not only had orange soda, they had yuppie orange cream soda in a glass bottle, which of course I bought for two dollars but what was more disturbing was that it would have only been 40¢ cheaper to buy Fanta.
I think that two dollars 20 years ago would have bought us both those slices of Sicilian pizza and the orange soda.
Next year I'll save up, get myself a pint of Haagen-Dazs, and only eat half.

song: Little Cream Soda • artist: White Stripes

No comments: