Sunday, June 14, 2009

Words

One of the "words to talk about" on C's weekly "family time" worksheet last month was vaporetto.
What we "talked about" was how none of us knew what vaporetto meant. I had to look in two dictionaries before finding it listed as an entry and yes, I still look in the dictionary so file me under D for dinosaur.
A vaporetto is a public transportation boat used in Venice.
Kindergarten sure isn't what it used to me.
As a kindergartener C has also learned about Bakugan. If you don't know about Bakugan then it's obvious you don't have a child in elementary school.
Bakugan are like circular Transformers. I can't believe I know what I Transformer is. They are also a Pokemon thing. That's about all I can tell you. There's an elaborate game that you can play once you've collected, or should I say once your mother has purchased you, enough Bakugans, but as far as I can see nobody actually plays the game they just trade Bakugans back and forth with their friends.
The only good thing about Bakugan (and Pokemon) is that its phonetically spelled (which is more than I can say for the word phonetically).
I'm neither for or against them at this point but I do kind of wish C could have grown up during the Beenie Baby craze instead.

song: Words • artist: The BeeGees

No comments: