Thursday, October 15, 2009

Little Miss Can't Be Wrong

I had a great idea today. Even better than the great idea I had last Thursday. The U.S. Treasury should switch out the presidents that are on our currency in order for us to learn the names of some lesser-known presidents. Why should George Washington and Abe Lincoln get both a coin and paper money when there are 40 other perfectly good presidents (give or take a few) just waiting to have their mugs minted on money. Thomas Jefferson is also doubled billed but since no one really uses $2 bills I didn't count him. Rotating through some lesser-known presidents might help us remember them. Would anyone remember FDR if he wasn't the guy on the dime? Presidents like Millard Fillmore and James Polk for example might become household names again if only they were in our wallets. I would let the presidents who grace large bills be in the running for pocket change as well. Sure James Madison is on the $5,000 bill but who ever has one of those on hand? Even C, who is pretty skeptical of my ideas thought this was okay.
Having read this far I'll bet you're wondering what my great idea was last week. Well wait no longer. It was that the PTO of the Mullen Hall School should turn their playground into a haunted playground for one weekend in October. Get some jack-o-lanterns with flameless candles in them and have older kids armed with flashlights walk younger kids through the playground. Strategically positioned older kids could jump out along the way and yell "boo!" or the longer and far more entertaining: "trick or treat smell my feet give me something good to eat. If you don't I don't care, I'll just steal your underwear."
Charge a buck per walk though. It would be a hoot. The PTO could sell flashlights and glow sticks. They would clean up.

song: Little Miss Can't Be Wrong • artist: Spin Doctors

No comments: