Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

More often than not I am forced to wake S and N from their naps in order to make it to preschool pick up and then on to meet the elementary school bus at the end of our street.
Sometimes they throw all their bedding on the floor before falling asleep and lately they've been removing outer layers of clothing.
Not wanting to break the spell of a good nap, I wait until the last possible moment, then mount the stairs, grab the twins, and run. I don't have time to redress them so I take them as is, in nothing but onsies.
They are still groggy, which makes them easier to wrangle into their car seats. After they are strapped in I hand them each cups of goldfish crackers which keeps them from crying half way to preschool when they finally wake up and realize they are in their car seats half naked.
Last week I was rushing them from crib to car seat when I realized mid-seat belt buckle that N had taken his shorts off and put them back on but that he'd put both his legs through one pant leg. Typical rookie mistake I chuckled. Then I took another look and had a Sharon Stone transvestite moment when I noticed that not only had he taken off his shorts, he'd also taken off his diaper - and this article of clothing - he had not bothered to put back on.

song: Wake Me Up Before You Go Go • artist: Wham!

No comments: