Monday, January 17, 2011

Abraham, Martin, and John II

So they were playing the "I Have A Dream" speech on NPR this afternoon and I was in the kitchen crying and the oil repair man knocked on the door to tell me my hot water heater was fixed and he probably thought I was crying because of the $225 he was about to charge be or because I just found out my husband's been having an affair with his secretary. He declined my offer of tea even though he'd been in my unheated dirt basement for almost an hour because it was obvious I was a mentally-unstable housewife.
Then I read a MLK biography to H before bed.
After finishing I said, "Martin Luther King sure was a good peace builder." And H responded:
"Mom. He was a great peace builder."

song: Abraham, Martin, and John • artist: Dion

No comments: