Tuesday, January 04, 2011

The Prompt (a list poem)

Tomorrow I will get organized.
Tomorrow I will be the kind of parent who encourages creative play in my children.
Tomorrow I will master the slow cooker.
Tomorrow I will exercise.
Tomorrow I will communicate better with my husband instead of relying on my usual technique of passive aggressiveness which doesn't work anyway.
Tomorrow I will tune my guitar.
Tomorrow I will write even though I will not be at writer's group.
Tomorrow I will practice the dance routine.
Tomorrow I will not yell.
Tomorrow I will call the dentist.
Tomorrow I will overcome my fear of telephones.
Tomorrow I will wipe down the moldy bathroom walls.
Tomorrow I will stop dwelling on the past.
Tomorrow I will learn to knit socks.
Tomorrow I will buy oil paints and brushes.
Tomorrow I will read more.
Tomorrow I will make myself more marketable.
Tomorrow I will get some chickens.
Tomorrow I will buy my son skis.
Tomorrow I will learn the 'new math.'
Tomorrow I will make friends with the parents of the kids that my kids are friends with.
Tomorrow I will embrace technology.
Tomorrow I will.
Tomorrow I.
Tomorrow.

No comments: