Saturday, March 05, 2011

Because The Night

Some people put their clothes into a laundry basket at the end of the day, pile them in the hall, or, if they aren't that dirty, fold them neatly and place them atop their blanket chest.
Not exhausted mothers. At least not this one.
I prefer to step out of my clothes and leave them puddled directly at the head of my bed as if instead of disrobing and climbing into bed, I simply melted into the floor, wicked-witch-of-the-west style, leaving the days duds behind.
"You cursed brats! Look what you've done! I'm melting! melting! Oh, what a world! What a world! Who would have thought good little children like you could sap all my beautiful energy? Oooooh, look out! I'm going! Oooooh! Ooooooh! ... to bed."

song: Because The Night • artist: 10,000 Maniacs

No comments: