Monday, April 30, 2012

Talk to the Animals

Mrs. Arable figeted. "Fern says the animals talk to each other. Dr. Dorian, do you believe animals talk?"
"I never heard one say anything." he replied. "But that proves nothing. It is quite possible that an animal has spoken civilly to me and that I didn't catch the remark because I wasn't paying attention. Children pay better attention than grownups. If Fern says that the animals in Zuckerman's barn talk, I'm quite ready to believe her. Perhaps if people talked less, animals would talk more. People are incessant talkers - I can give you my word on that."
                                          -Charlotte's Web, by E.B.White


Guess what? H brought home an audio recording of Charlotte's Web from the library. Good thing it's his teacher who's reading the book aloud in class and not his mom. Just listening to it on tape makes me cry.

song: Talk to the Animals • movie: Dr. Doolittle

No comments: