Thursday, July 18, 2013

Hot Sun in the Summertime

Even our pet mice are hot.
How do I know?
They told me.
Not actually but I'm an expert at reading rodent body language.
Usually the mice huddle together and curl up into little balls to sleep. Today there's no huddling and the mice are all asleep stretched way out instead of curled up.
That's how hot it is folks. Forget frying an egg on the sidewalk - it's too hot for a mouse to curl into a ball.
Yesterday I drove H to Jr Rangers at 8:30 AM. At 8:30 the car's thermostat read 28°C. At 6:30 PM I was driving to the community garden to water and again the car's thermostat read 28°C. I believe that between 8:30 AM and 6:30 PM the temperature could have only gone up. For those of you who don't do celsius 28° is a good one to remember because it's basically the reciprocal of it's Fahrenheit equivalent - or - 82°F.
And you thought it was too hot to learn anything new.

song: Hot Sun in the Summertime • artist: Sly and the Family Stone

No comments: